Our client, a growing government contractor, is looking for a Payroll Accountant to join their team. The Payroll Accountant will be responsible for payroll processing, account reconciliations and check distributions. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Project Accountants on the validity of charge numbers, labor moves, reclassification and corrections.
- Export and import of data between Time and Expense and Costpoint Systems. Maintain Time and Expense system to ensure valid charge trees, user defined table links, account codes are current and active, validate project workforce set-up and restricted rights and, conduct internal timesheet floor checks on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and distribute weekly management Labor Utilization Report using Impromptu and MS Excel.
- Processing of garnishments
- File and maintain employee data files, labor/payroll related documents and records in an orderly manner. Other assignments as required.
- Conduct and understand a full cycle of payroll using Workday software
- Verify weekly timesheets for accuracy with emphasis on pay types, hours and project/account charge combinations.
- Research payroll related issues and work closely with HR and other company divisions/departments
- Knowledge of the Service Contract Act and payroll related processes preferred
- International payroll experience
- Assist in various Audit inquiries (DCAA Floor Check, Worker’s Compensation)
- Bachelors in Accounting of Finance
- Strong Costpoint experience
- 5+ years of labor/payroll experience in a government-contracting environment
- Must be detail oriented, highly analytical, well-organized and a multitasked problem solver
- Effective oral and written communications skills are a must
Qualified candidates please apply here!