This position will report directly to the Corporate Controller and or Director of Finance. The Assistant Controller is responsible for playing a pivotal role in developing strong relationships with all levels of internal management to expand the level of infrastructure support to operations in the areas of Accounting Management and Financial Reporting. The Assistant Controller will provide overall day-to-day direction and guidance to the accounting and finance staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Lead/manage daily operations in Accounting and Finance by managing and coordinating daily activities in Accounts Payable, Electronic Timecards (ET), Billing, Accounts Receivable, Cash Reconciliations, and General Ledger. Will assist the Corporate Controller in the preparation of Financial Statements and Analysis before release.
- Monthly executive level financial reporting to include trend reports, graphs, charts, etc.
- Forecast and Budget preparation, monitoring, and updates. Will work closely with C-Suite to monitor financial performance.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of internal controls and other accounting and financial compliance areas.
- Direct finance/accounting staff, positioning activities, internal synergy, and collaborate with internal departments as necessary to maintain efficient processes.
- Manage and complete timely monthly accounting/financial close through Deltek CostPoint
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reporting on the accounting/financial performance of the entire organization.
- Maintain monthly general ledger activity and maintain a chart of accounts.
- Establish, implement, communicate and maintain internal controls.
- Establish, implement, deliver and sustain monthly accounting & finance deadline calendar.
- Implement improved processes/systems updates and management methods to generate workflow optimization.
- Develop and create strategies and policies aligned with organizational goals and Government Contractor Compliance.
- Act as a liaison through direct contact with accounting/financial auditors, and Deltek CostPoint as necessary.
- Coordinate with all levels of management in Operations (PMO), Human Resources, Contracts, and IT in identifying and managing quality improvement initiatives and process improvement.
- Assist Project Managers by reviewing project performance on each of their projects.
- Help foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
MUST HAVE DELTEK COST POINT
- Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting, or similar discipline; MBA or Master degree preferred.
- Minimum of six (7) years of experience in a federal contracting organization.
- CPA is a plus.
- Knowledge of Government Contracting is a must.
- Detailed background in all modules of Deltek CostPoint is a must.
- Comprehensive background in Financial Statement preparation and analysis.
- Highly developed organizational skills, sound business judgment, excellent communication skills and a team-oriented attitude.
- Superior skills Excel spreadsheets (creation and maintenance).
and exceptional computer skills in the operation and functioning of all programs used by the organization, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint