Great opportunity for a direct hire, Vice President of Accounting for a fast growing PE backed, pre-IPO Data Analytics/Cybersecurity firm
in Tyson’s Corner, VA!
As VP of Accounting, you will be responsible for overseeing the design of all accounting policies and SEC financial reporting in alignment with GAAP, SEC policies, and SOX and internal control rules and standards. The VP of Accounting role also manages the day-to-day accounting operations of a US team and may assist in supporting foreign and US government subsidiary accounting teams. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience as a Controller or VP of Accounting and extensive experience with Big 4 or similar auditing and accounting firms. Competitive salary + bonus + equity. Washington DC metro only candidates!
Vice President of Accounting Responsibilities:
Vice President of Accounting Qualifications:
- Responsible for the design, execution, and maintenance of all accounting policies. Works with SEC reporting, internal/external audit and accounting experts to research and interpret complex accounting issues. Makes final decisions on accounting policies and processes.
- Ensures SEC financial reporting policies and processes are compliant. Analyzes draft SEC financials, reporting and footnotes for accuracy and completeness. Signs-off on SEC reporting and filing or provides final SEC reporting to the CFO for sign-off.
- Works with executive leadership to design a compliant and efficient accounting operating model for the parent company and subsidiaries. Makes decisions on operating budget, headcount, technology platforms, automation, vendors and outsourcing. Proactively organizes the accounting function to accommodate hyper growth.
- Responsible for working with internal/external audit and within accounting to implement and maintain strong accounting policies, SOX compliance and other internal controls.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the accounting function and ensures the accuracy and completeness of all financial reporting.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 12 years of related experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 10 years of related experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Expert level experience in US GAAP and development of accounting policies
- Five years of experience with SEC reporting
- Three years of experience as a Controller, VP Accounting, or equivalent position
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 15 years of experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 12 years of related experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Experience with NetSuite
- At least 5 years of experience performing auditing and accounting with Big 4 or similar firms
- Five or more years of experience reviewing or signing off on SEC reporting
- Knowledge of US government accounting requirements or UK FRC/GAAP
- Five years of experience as a Controller, VP Accounting, or equivalent position
- Competitive salary
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible “Personal Time Off (PTO)” plan and 10+ paid holiday days per year