Corporate & Global Controller
- McLean, VA
High visibility and opportunity! This particular opportunity is well-suited for a challenged-minded, growth-focused Controller who wants to help a company rebound post-pandemic. This individual will lead all accounting functionality for the corporate and global teams; lead a team of five across the Accounting, Controller & Treasury, Tax and broader compliance functions, and, closely partner with the regional accounting teams in EMEA, APAC and the Americas. This role will also include all operational and technical accounting, to include multi-entity and consolidation strategy worldwide.
Reporting the CFO, the Corporate Controller will leads the global accounting function and is responsible for creating and driving accounting processes, policies, controls and reporting that ensures all controllership objectives are met in harmony with company goals. Will be accountable for financial and control related operations of the Company, including accurate and timely financial reporting (internal, Board of Directors, Lenders, Rating Agencies). The role encompasses key stakeholder relationships, including Corporate, business unit level, and the Audit Committee.
- Build a best in-class accounting organization through recruitment, development and retention of top talent; create a culture that emphasizes accountability and transparency among the accounting team.
- Develop and strengthen financial systems, policies, procedures and controls to ensure the integrity of financial data.
- Drive transformation and process enhancements (including through use of technology) throughout the accounting organization. Reduce and improve close cycle time.
- Ownership of all technical accounting, implementation of new standards and compliance with all relevant existing standards.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting in compliance with GAAP; manage all monthly and year-end closings including year-end audit and the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Manage the global relationship and interactions with external auditors to support successful fiscal year-end audits; support local statutory audits.
- Oversee cash management activity.
- Partner with FP&A to ensure accurate and timely reported results and forecasts necessary for management to make timely and informed business decisions.
- Participate in strategic initiatives of the Company involving accounting matters and including acquisitions and divestiture accounting and active engagement with integrations.
- Lead and support ad hoc special projects as required.
Culture & Compensation:
- CPA is required; BS in Accounting/Finance or related required
- Excellent understanding of GAAP accounting
- 10+ years of experience in accounting, reporting and controls
- Command of core financial/accounting-related concepts and disciplines: Accounting, Treasury/Cash Management, Budgeting/Forecasting, Financial Modeling, and Tax.
- M&A or Private Equity exposure/experience preferred
- Bring ability to invest in and build up a high-performing team
- Be able to deploy processes and tools to enhance data reporting (drive results!)
- Initiate and lead successful company wide accounting transformation initiatives
- Experience supporting a business that is overhauling its operating model to a shared service environment (both finance and overall business process).
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills - be a collaborative team leader and a total team player.
- Detailed financial knowledge and insights into the business, including operating performance and productivity metrics that ultimately drive financial results.
- Participative, hands-on, “roll up the sleeves” management style with a keen attention to thoroughness and details (even in a changing culture)
- Ability to assess talent and maximize individuals’ potential to the highest benefit of the business.
- Leadership skills and an ability to recruit, develop, motivate, and retain superior talent.
- Growing, re-defining, expanding culture with tons of potential for initiatives
- Intelligent, disciplined and supportive C-Suite/Executives and Management Team
- Globally concerned business initiatives that impact the world
- Base salary $200,000-$220,000
- Annual bonus target of 15-20% to start
- Future equity opportunities available
- Competitive benefits and 401k