The position is responsible for overseeing the selection, installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of system hardware and software within our IT infrastructure. The position is responsible for a variety of areas, including Windows servers, AWS, virtualization solutions, Citrix and Microsoft Exchange.
As a member of our Infrastructure and Operations management team,Director of Infrastructure and Operatiosn is expected to contribute to the development and delivery of the department’s overall IT strategy, maintain a high degree of technical facility and may have to function in a hands-on capacity from time to time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the team in delivering exceptional service and outcomes
- Act as the central point of communication within the I&O organization, liaising with account managers and project delivery teams as required
- Regularly report on team status and measure project progress of team members in the Solution Center.
- Develop and manage appropriate individual and team SLAs to ensure consistent service delivery
- Ensure service level agreements (SLAs) related to contracted services and that escalation flows are in place
- Work in conjunction with the broader Infrastructure team to specify systems, processes, and methodologies, to ensure effective monitoring, control, and support of service delivery
- Increase operational efficiency overtime and ensure appropriate expenditure on the right things
- Mitigate and solve escalations with urgency and determination
- Work with the client and operations teams to identify and manage service improvement activities
- Function as a line manager for Solution Center personnel, guide and mentor team members, and provide leadership to ensure that all team members are motivated and enabled to perform to the full extent of their abilities
- Develop and maintain an environment of innovation and continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, and process development
- Work closely with the Network, Sys Ops, Security, and Database teams to ensure smooth transitions from project integration to daily operations.
- Maintain a high level of communication between the I&O management team.
- Perform project management duties as required.
- 7+ years’ work experience within the IT industry; 5+ years of system administration experience
- Track record of SLA creation and process improvement to improve productivity and delivery
- Experience of support and service delivery on mission-critical solutions to external organizations
- Highly analytical in problem-solving with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within the role
- Ability to work under pressure and think clearly in challenging situations in a logical manner
- Citrix system administration including review of problem/performance issues and identification/ implementation of solutions associated with the Citrix technologies.
- Windows system administration (2012/2016/2019) including Active Directory and Group Policy Objects within a VMware environment.
- Converged and hyper-converged infrastructure (e.g. solutions from Dell, VMware, and Nutanix)
- Current and next-gen infrastructure virtualization and orchestration technologies such as VMware vSphere, KVM, Docker, etc
- Cloud on-premises solutions from vendors like Amazon Web Services (e.g. AWS) and Microsoft (e.g. Azure) )
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Virtual server methodologies, including thin client and shared desktop implementation
- Knowledge of, and experience with Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Netscaler.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of routed and routing protocols, network topologies, and technical flow and impact of Citrix traffic throughout a network over a WAN. Experience with Citrix Access Gateway is a plus
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Ability and recent experience working in a hands-on capacity with team members
- Proven ability to discuss technical issues with people at all levels (customers, partners and support team members)
- A high level of oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Willing to carry cell phone and participate as a member of a 24/7 on-call rotation for server systems. Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to quickly identify goals to be pursued, and to influence others towards these same goals
- Experience managing teams and individual personnel
- Ability to travel to other offices, as required
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or other sciences
- 7+ years of related professional experience
- Relevant technical certifications
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship