Large economic think tank headquartered in downtown DC is looking to bring on multiple accounting finance consultants as they begin a large ERP implementation project. This project is estimated to be an 18 month engagement. This will sit in their state-of-the-art office space and will be 100% in-office.
Senior Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
Payroll Support (20%)
- Reviews and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts monthly, clearing any open items and resolving any discrepancies.
- Review contract payment request (review for milestone achievement, previous payments, etc).
- Approve Accounts payable bi-weekly.
- Monthly standard journal entries (exp PPD insurance, deferred Press subscription /journal revenue, bookstore sales, tax, logo sales, chargebacks).
- Maintain and update deferred revenue file for Press annual and journal subscriptions.
- Prepare monthly DC sales tax report (due to Cheryl around the 15th of the month).
- Maintain and update prepaid insurance file (annually).
- Record daily ACH, wires, and checks (weekly) in the Accounts Receivable Cash Log.
- Attach payment support in NGAR.
- Support annual audit (pulling required documentation and running reports).
- Prepares Audit Schedules - including creating work papers, consulting with Accounting manager and pulling documentation.
- Create accounts and departments in PeopleSoft financials. Update trees and combination edit structure in PeopleSoft, route notification of new accounts and departments to office manager detailing updates.
- Prepare awards for processing in PeopleSoft Finance by accurately recording awards from donors into Excel worksheets.
- Review supporting documentation from donors, prepare and input donor invoices in the Peoplesoft Finance system.
- Enter customer data into PeopleSoft Finance for the programs to utilize when developing proposals and for the General Accounting team to use when applying payments to Accounts Receivable.
Senior Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Assist with Payroll Audit requests throughout the year by providing timesheet information from PeopleSoft Time and Labor.
- Reviews and enters bi-monthly timesheet corrections into PeopleSoft Time and Labor, coordinate with departments and Grant Administrators to resolve any discrepancies.
- Timesheet Modifier- Enter timesheet modifications during bi-monthly payroll cycles.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- 3-7 years of relevant accounting experience to include general ledger and accounts reconciliations.
- CPA or Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with payroll desired