Our client, an innovative Telecommunication company, is seeking a Accounting Manager
to join their Chantilly, VA based team. This is a full-time, hybrid role with yearly compensation in the range of $110k -$135k. The selected candidate should have a working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint and Cognos. There are no direct reports related to this position. Necessary skills needed to thrive in this role include: strong Project Finance background, advanced experience with general and subsidiary ledgers and financial statements. Familiarity with cost pools and incurred cost submissions, and a proven ability to perform the month end close process consistently and successfully.
Accounting Manager (newly created position)
$110,000 - $135,000
Telecommunication - Government Contracting
Deltek Costpoint and Cognos
Vice President of Accounting & Finance
Reston, VA (Moving to Chantilly, VA in October 2021)
Hybrid role but due to training being necessary, the candidate is encourage to be in office as much as possible for the first 30 days
First round: 30-min video interview; Second round – 1 hour panel video interview
Potential Start Date:
- Thorough familiarity with Deltek Costpoint and Cognos for reporting. (A minimum of 2 years' experience with Deltek Costpoint & Cognos)
- 10 years of relevant experience; 5+ years of accounting and financial analysis and project forecasting
- Familiarity with cost pools & incurred cost submissions
- Previous Government Contracting experience ( 5+ years of Government Contracting experience)
- General Ledger Close, Financial Reporting, and Close/Audit
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with at least 5 years related work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant license (CPA) strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning and ability to take on new responsibilities as the organization grows and evolves.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently. Strong organizational skills
- Work with project managers in forecasting project costs Prepare project financial analysis variances monthly, and quarterly and annually of actuals vs budget and forecast
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance for projects
- Using Cognos Reporting and Costpoint accounting systems, compile, analyze financial, operational, and accounting data for the development of reports to be delivered to various Business Unit Leaders
- Assist with forecasting future direct cost cash expenditures
- Assist with banking reporting requirements
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required to support the business and its leaders.
- Prepare and distribute financial information and data within required deadlines and ensure that the information provided is concise, relevant, and understandable to assist leadership in making intelligent business and program decisions
- Prepare complex reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts and various other general ledger accounts, as needed
- Maintain cost pools
- Assist with the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Assist external auditors and tax accountants at year-end with preparing schedules, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data
- Prepare incurred cost submissions
- Special projects as needed