Cordia's client a Financial consulting firm seeks a service-oriented individual to join its Information Technology staff. This position is responsible for the design, implementation and level three support of the Enterprise E-mail services platform and all related sub-systems, such as email archive servers and storage, OWA, ActiveSync, Active Directory, Group Policy changes for messaging, and maintaining/administrating internal and external DNS.
This position will also be responsible for the planning and execution of future upgrades and scalability improvements. The ideal candidate is a messaging architect with subject matter expertise in the areas of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, VMware and Cloud-based technologies and Mobile Device Management (Mobile Iron and others).
- Provide advanced level management of an Exchange 2019 environment
- Perform day to day operations in an enterprise Exchange 2019 environment, including change, release, performance and availability management
- Monitor availability and functionality of Exchange & ProofPoint email protection system.
- Work with other technical teams including network and telephony engineers and vendors, as necessary, to support all messaging and collaboration environments
- Identify and recommend future technology upgrades needed by the organization
- Drive and document best practices for the messaging environments
- Candidate should have prior experience in engineering/scoping, installing, configuring Microsoft Exchange, and Windows Server environments
- Strong understanding of network protocols that support messaging
- Previous experience in designing and implementing core infrastructure environments within enterprise-level organizations
- Good awareness of ITIL based standards and principles are a plus
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner
- Keep up to date on iOS releases and communicate details about the upgrades and what the changes will mean to end users
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- ITIL v3 Certification, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, and/or Microsoft Certified Exchange System Administrator
- 7+ years of experience desired with a proven skill-set and enterprise experience across various Microsoft and related technologies
- Expertise in the Exchange 2016/ 2019 administration - end to end
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and VMware core infrastructures, Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy and PowerShell
- Knowledge of server virtualization (VMware)
- Working knowledge of Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage
- Working knowledge of enterprise-class backup and replication technologies
- Understanding of O365 and Azure administration.
- Experience with 3rd-party load balancers and reverse proxy devices
- Familiarity with Web servers administration and relevant interface, .Net exposure, Spam filter solutions, ProofPoint
- Good exposure to PowerShell scripts, automation
- Proven thorough facility with developing strategy as well as writing, communicating, facilitating and presenting to all levels of IT, internal staff and management
- Capable of creating best practice methodologies and tools, policies and procedures, whitepapers, and other standard business communications
- Ability to effectively present information to top management