Our client, a Government Contracting - Healthcare Information Solutions, is seeking a Chief Growth Officer (Director of Business Development) to join their team. This is a full-time, 100% remote, permanent position with yearly compensation in the range of $180,000 -$200,000 + bonus plan.
The ideal candidate should have prior experience working for a small company; experience supporting health IT federal customers such as HHS (NCI, CMS, , IHS, HRSA, NIH), VA etc.; and building an internal business development department. This is a newly created position established to bring the current ad hoc support for Capture, Technical Writing, and Proposal Management in house. The Chief Growth Officer (CGO) will work with the CEO and COO on developing Strategic Plan as well.
Position: Chief Growth Officer (Director of Business Development)
Industry: Government Contracting - Healthcare Information Solutions
Compensation: $180,000 -$200,000 + bonus plan
Location: 100 % Remote
Duration: Full time, Permanent, Direct hire
Potential Start Date: ASAP
Interview Process: 2-3 video interviews and a Business Development exercise
Company’s Mission: Our client partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
Founded in 2007, our client is a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with an emphasis on technology spectrum. Our client partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of a full-time, Chief Growth Officer to develop strategies for growth, work with team to develop pipeline, create new relationships and manager teams to improve win rate for the organization.
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access our client’s systems and therein use approved provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
The Chief Growth Officer will be responsible for management of resources within sales, growth strategy, and business development providing technology solutions, software development, program management, and acquisition support services to government clients. The CGO will work closely with the CEO and COO to develop and execute the company's growth strategy.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but limited to):
• Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes to include capture management, marketing campaigns and business development activities
• Perform market research to qualify strategic business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
• Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
• Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews
• Build and sustain a sales pipeline
• Leverage and build relationships with partners to perform capture management activities in various accounts and define/implement the process to break into new areas of growth
• Provide clear guidance to the staff and leadership to the organization that aligns with the company's business plan and overall strategic vision
• Drive company results from both a business development and financial perspective working closely with management
• Set challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance, and profitability
• Mentor and hold business development team accountable for growth goals
• Establish compensation models to reward success in growth and customer satisfaction
• Help develop and maintain corporate capabilities and marketing materials to be used across the company and ensure materials are readily available via SharePoint
• Support the development of proposal’s materials and work closely with the team to ensure successful final delivery of bid and transition to delivery.
• BA/BS Degree with 10+ years of professional experience
• Must have strong experience in federal contracting
• Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills
• Excellent analytical skills to understand how to connect the dots on trends and relevant information
• Strong written and verbal communications to effectively work with the project teams, external/internal partners
• Must have experience using SharePoint for collaborative efforts
• Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills required
• Strong process improvement initiatives and collaborative nature, identifying areas for improvement and providing suggestions for improvement on technologies and processes
• Ability to lead geographically dispersed teams
• Ability to understand customers’ needs and objectives – both of our client’s customers and ultimate customers who will evaluate the proposal
• Ability to lead the Business Development team
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
• Senior lead who is self-motivated with ability to work remotely as part of a team, or independently with little supervision or direction
• Experience working for a small business supporting Federal government contracts
• Past experience leading sales or business development in Federal, State and Commercial Health IT
Other Important Information:
DC Area professionals preferred, but candidates must live in these other states: Idaho, Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, Texas, Georgia, Ohio, New Mexico, North Carolina, Arizona, Washington, Oregon.
Off-site travel – not required at this time due to COVID, typically travel once a year as a team; eventually CGO will attend face to face meetings with customers, position is 100% remote working from home.
Please note, proof of vaccination will be required upon hire and reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.