Hiring for Project Controls Analysts (4 positions at varying levels-Staff to Seniors) for a fast growing Government Contractor in Northern Virginia! Position can be 100% remote and or Hybrid if you are a Washington DC area candidate. Reporting to the Finance Director who is fantastic, the Project Control Specialist will be supporting a specific business line within organization. This position will work with the finance and accounting teams to maintain the project accounting records for various projects, and monitoring the financial activities for all the projects within the assigned business line. This position will have fantastic visibility, direct lines of communication to Senior Leadership, lots of room for upward mobility and exposure to different business lines, and is an integral part of the company's growth plans. This role requires someone with hands-on experience in a Project Control setting for a government contractor, great communication, Deltek Costpoint experience, and the desire to be with a growing organization. Base compensation, spot bonuses and very strong benefits. If interested, apply today!
The Project Control Analyst supports a specific business line within organization. This position will work with the finance and accounting teams to maintain the project accounting records for various projects. The Project Control Analyst is responsible for monitoring the financial activities for all the projects within the assigned business line.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- ~$200M and growing Government Contractor. 5 year plan $500M…10 year plan $2B
- They have four main business lines-Technology,(Biggest growth here), Infrastructure, Construction, and Environmental Construction.
- Positions are open as CFO and Finance Director have been rebuilding the department.
- This position can be remote, and if someone is local – great- ideally they get into the office 1x a week or for meetings, but if they need more WFH/Remote that is fine.
- This reports into Finance Director. Great person-easy to get along with and really cares about culture and building a great team.
- This person will work with other Program Control Analysts, PC Manager and Finance Director (they have 14-15 subsidiaries)
- Person they hire will be in charge of business lines “A-Z” and also on specific projects they are delegated.
- Deltek Costpoint is the software they are using.
- Senior leadership is very nice and receptive to hearing ideas and make changes. Employees are treated very nicely here.
- Very good health benefits, and 401K is match.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Assist Project Managers with all functions related to program financial performance, planning, tracking, and reporting
- Complete and maintain proper project setups directly in Deltek Costpoint (project number structure, funding, revenue and billing formula, ceilings, labor categories, billing rates, rate sequences, vendor workforce, labor workforce)
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders. Review and analyze prime contract awards, subcontracts, and other agreements to ensure the project structure meets financial and reporting requirements
- Provide access to project accounts/charge codes
- Monitor project time charging, identify errors, and ensuring corrections are processed
- Review vendor invoices related to the project. Ensure payments are processed correctly and in timely fashion
- Prepare project related accruals and track outstanding project commitments on a monthly basis
- Create and submit all project-related billings to customers, monitor payment status, and assist with invoice collection
- Review project P&Ls on a monthly basis providing variance analysis to forecast and budget
· Ability to pass a pre-employment background screening.
- 4-7 years’ experience in project accounting support for Government based service contracts
- Detailed knowledge of Government contracts and change order documents
- Ability to work well within a project team and independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to accuracy and detail.
- Proactive, self-driven and strong organizational/time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Costpoint (Project Module preferred), Cognos, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams