Check out this amazing HR Generalist
opportunity to partner with a fast growing Government Contractor!
Contract to Hire
The Human Resources Generalist
works independently to provide the full scope of day-to-day HR support to the company, a federal government contractor, and conducts day-to-day operations including recruitment, hiring, compensation and benefits administration, policy development, training, file maintenance, compliance and reporting. The company is a multi-state employer and this position will have primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws in the administration of human resources functions. This position works closely with the CEO and contract/program managers to ensure contract requirements are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Human Resources administration, including compensation and benefits, employee relations, regulatory compliance, leave administration, recruiting and retention, performance management, and training and development.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal, state, and local labor and employment laws applicable to federal government contractors
- Recruit, hire, and onboard employees including position description development, postings, I-9 verifications, and background checks.
- Interfaces with Payroll/Accounting to ensure accurate salaries, wage determinations, and benefits are assigned to employees in the Company’s ERP.
- Serves as the main point of contact for employees regarding questions related to wages and/or benefits.
- Maintains and manages files related to the Company’s Human Resources functions including personnel, confidential, and medical/benefit files digitally and within the HRIS.
- Updates the Employee Handbook as well as applicable benefit/contract-specific handbooks.
- Maintains an understanding of the government contracting process, including labor category mapping, to effectively serve as a “business partner” to the company for purposes of solicitation development and contract implementation.
- Conducts salary surveys and develops compensation plans.
- Administers the company’s 401(k) plan ensuring employees receive appropriate enrollment documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field/related field.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible, hands-on human resources experience with a multi-state, DOD, or federal government contractor.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state employment laws, including the Service Contract Act and Fair Labor Standards Act.
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and opportunities and propose solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of EEO policy; respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; ability to educate others on the value of diversity and promote a harassment-free environment.
- Able to act with a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity to inspire trust.