Our client is a progressive land development and property management company looking to add a Development Accountant to their growing Accounting team. This position is in office five (5) days a week and reports directly to the CFO and VP of Development. Salary for this position is $85k-$95k depending on experience
• Coordinate with the Development team on system of project tracking, assignment of project numbers and the establishment of new companies
• Coordinate with the Development and Accounting teams to track and report projected cash needs for all projects in the development pipeline on a monthly basis.
• Track project costs, process invoices and prepare journal entries to appropriately reflect all development project costs and activities from inception through completion.
• Review project invoices for appropriate coding and process for payment.
• Prepare and enter project related journal entries to accurately account for all project costs.
• Participate in and manage the monthly construction draw process with team, lenders and the title company including the preparation of sworn owner statements.
• Track assigned project budgets and lead monthly budget meetings to identify and discuss any cost/budget issues.
• Prepare year end work papers for development projects to facilitate the tax return preparation.
• Organize project cost information to assist with preparation of cost segregation studies.
• Reconcile project budget and final cost reports and prepare final close-out in Yardi.
• Coordinate with the Accounting and Property Management teams to transition property accounting and A/P processing after property opening.
• Track all project costs and budgets for remodels and renovations, including processing of all related invoices and lead periodic budget meetings to identify and discuss any cost/budget issues.
• Coordinate with the Development team in advance of remodel projects to reconcile project budgets against capital reserves to help identify sources of capital.
• Monitor and enhance current systems/processes for project accounting.
• Deliver other projects and activities, as required and requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related
• Must have at least 3 years’ real estate development accounting experience, preferably multi-family
• Highly analytical with a demonstrated history of success with delivering on-time within tight timeframes
• Experience working in a Microsoft Office Suite Environment
• Must be proficient in Yardi
• Experience using Yardi Construction Management a plus
• Proven history as a results-oriented, motivated self-starter
• Ability and desire to work closely with colleagues within a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
• Ability to effectively communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing to management and third parties
• Must possess keen attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Focused on providing outstanding customer service - proactive, highly responsive, and follows up