Check out this amazing Enterprise Systems Architect opportunity to partner with a large federal agency located in Washington, DC!
Title: Enterprise Systems Architect
Location: Hybrid - Washington, DC
Job Type: Direct Hire
The position will be responsible for improving the current IT infrastructure, optimizing operations, and setting the direction and approach for integrating applications and programs. Also, responsible for cataloging, developing, coordinating, communicating, maintaining, and enforcing overall enterprise architecture models, representations, initiatives, capabilities, and components to perform business and technology activities adequately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate internal functions and IT processes and suggest improvements. Monitor all systems and work to resolve complex issues in Windows and Linux environments
- Work with product teams by contributing to defining architectures
- Ensure architectures proposed by the product team comply with standards and policies
- Evaluate systems engineering models for discrepancies and vulnerabilities
- Provide business architecture and systems processing guidance.
- Ensure the efficiency, security, and support of the customer's goals.
- Create methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Administer efficient work of servers and systems and provide support to everyday operations
- Partner with team members and other personnel to gather data needed to depict current IT systems and target state for the business processes (i.e., process swim-lanes, affinity diagrams, context diagrams, presentations, IT architecture diagrams, system inventory, plans, etc.).
- Identify technical architecture, data risks, and inefficiencies
- Depict current and target systems to process diagrams
- Work with the client's internal and external projects (programs), IT and Business SMEs to depict Business / IT process relationships, delivery, and improvement
- Responsible for deploying patches/releases in Windows and Linux environments for various client applications
- Identify and analyze IT and process documentation to identify gaps and efficiency recommendations
- Develop and document modeling standards, processes, and best practices pertaining to ITIL and Lean standards for the services model
- 3 years of experience in IT/Data Architecture, Systems Engineering, design, and development especially in 3-tier architecture (zones)
- Experience in system architecture for large data systems
- Excellent technical, analytical, and leadership skills
- Ability to identify risks pertaining to application architecture transformation, enhancements, and changes
- Ability to institutionalize new methodologies and tools for IT Service Management, monitoring, and control, such as ServiceNow, Splunk, et al.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals and present proposals and performance data, comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to write clear and concise creative content in a highly confidential manner
- Experience in modeling and graphic representations.
- Proven experience managing, provisioning, and upgrading storage environments. Some knowledge of HPE 3par.
- Demonstrated experience with a detailed understanding of current and future technology trends as they apply to those environments, including cloud computing
- Demonstrated experience managing and upgrading NetBackup environments
- Proven experience identifying technology gaps in current system capabilities and architecture
- Experience with managing VMware. Migrating to new versions is a plus.
- Experience with architecting systems for deployment in cloud computing environments. AWS experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated experience drafting documentation including functional and system requirements, configuration management plans, disaster recovery plans, user guides, System Security Plans, production data waivers
- Experience with PowerShell
- Some experience with Red Hat Linux is a plus
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in Computer Science, Information Technology, and Information Systems, or relative experience