Tysons Corner/hybrid role
$85-100k plus 2 potential bonuses ranging from 3-5% of the base salary
Our client is large commercial real estate company managing more than 160 properties in the District, Maryland, and Virginia including retail spaces and shopping centers. With more than 35 years of expertise, our client manages and leases properties owned by them, institutional partners and high net worth individuals. They’re adding a Senior Accountant to their team, reporting to the Controller.
In this vital role, you’ll be responsible for the general ledger, creating financial reports for the executive team, analyzing budget variances and preparing journal entries for an assigned portfolio of commercial properties.
This position is fast paced with ever changing priorities. The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing deadlines and communicating with senior level executives.
Senior Accountant responsibilities:
• Support the day to day operations of the general ledger accounting processes and activities
• Assist with monthly/ quarterly account transaction closing and cut-off date
• Create and analyze financial statements, including current monthly, quarterly and year to date variances
• Prepare journal entries
• Preparation of monthly financial packages for the executive team and for lenders to maintain compliance
• Prepare and maintain balance sheet supporting schedules including capital improvements, straight line rents and depreciation
• Monitor cash flow for each individual property owned by the company
• Preparing monthly site billings for management fees
• Create lender draw packages for submission in compliance with loan requirements
• Assist in schedule preparation and review in annual budget process
• Prepare year-end audit and tax packages as required
Senior Accountant qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or CPA candidate is a plus NOT required
• Three or more years of accounting experience
• Advanced MS Excel skills - pivot tables, V-look ups, macros
• Commercial real estate background is a plus, as well as experience working with MRI, Yardi and NEXUS