Our client is a $1B Publicly Traded Company. They are seeking a Senior Accountant of Financial Reporting. This is a full-time, 100% remote, permanent opportunity with yearly compensation in the range of $85,000 -$90,000.
The selected candidates will assist in the preparation of the monthly internal financial statements and the quarterly and annual SEC filings. Key skills wanted include: Intermediate knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting, willingness to work extra hours during month-end/quarter-end close cycle. Demonstrated knowledge of a commonly used ERP/General Ledger system (Oracle/PeopleSoft financials is a plus). This is a wonderful opportunity for a hardworking, meticulous accounting professional who is looking to work for a large, growing company with a great work/life balance.
Position: Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
Compensation: $85,000 - $90,000
Duration: Full-time, Permanent role - *Must be vaccinated
Software: Strong working knowledge of MS Excel (pivots, vlookups, nested formulas, etc).
Location: Remote – Desire candidates local to the DC Metro Area
Report to: Initially to the Director, Accounting and Financial Reporting and then to the Financial Reporting Manager
Process: First round - video interview, Second Round - video interview
Potential Start Date: ASAP
Cultural Fit: Hardworking, meticulous accounting professional who is looking to work for a growing company with a great work/life balance
· Prepare monthly balance sheet and cash flow statements.
· Prepare footnote disclosures and supporting schedules for quarterly and annual SEC filings.
· Compile and analyze data to prepare journal entries for various accounts and transaction.
· Prepare monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts, including independently identifying and resolving reconciling items.
· Prepare various month-end schedules and variance analyses.
· Monitor FASB and SEC activity to determine potential impacts of proposed guidance and regulations and assist in implementation of new GAAP guidance.
· Perform technical accounting research for new transaction as needed.
· Independently communicate with other company personnel and contacts outside of the company to gather needed information and/or resolve issues.
· Ensure SOX compliance and maintain related controls documentation.
· Assist with requests related to internal and external audits and work with auditors to resolve audit questions.
· Review existing policies and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement and help to implement approved changes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations