A prominent non-profit organization in the DC Metro area is seeking a Senior Accountant
to join its growing organization. The Senior Accountant
is responsible for managing, maintaining, and analyzing accounting information including general ledger activity through financial statements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with monthly financial statements.
- Maintains general ledger, including preparing financial schedules and writing journal entries
- Assist with month-end close
- Maintains cash schedules, inspects account status, proposes transfers of cash as necessary to cover disbursements.
- Conducts reconciliations of balance sheet asset and liability accounts to ensure correctness. Identifies and resolves discrepancies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or commensurate work experience.
- Minimum three years of experience in professional accounting.
- Non-profit accounting experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of accounting practices to understand and interpret various accounting systems. Great Plains experience a plus
- Proficiency in Excel.