Cordia is partnered with a premier biotechnology company who is seeking a Senior Analyst
to join their team on a short-term contract basis! This role will support the R&D functions and be responsible for the monthly close activities, contract review and purchase order review. Details below.
Hybrid - Gaithersburg, MD
$40.00 - $45.00/hour
Senior Analyst Responsibilities:
Senior Analyst Qualifications:
- Work cross-functionally with other internal departments and external vendors to understand contracts, programs, and services to support estimates and accruals.
- Prepare expense schedules in accordance with US GAAP.
- Create, propose, and analyze general ledger journal entries for R&D activities.
- Provide management with timely insights into trends, operational results, and growth drivers.
- Assist with quarterly budget and forecast updates and reviews.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and identify and investigate discrepancies.
- Review and monitor expenditures for R&D overhead activities.
- Support external auditor, SOX, and other requests, as needed.
Benefits of Working with Cordia Resources
- BA or BS degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA required.
- 4+ years finance experience, including 3+ years with a Big 4 Audit Firm.
- Experience working in global high growth companies a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and SOX is required.
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty and model ethical behavior and core values of the company
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and mentor and build a team of financial professionals
- Business partner mindset with advanced / expert Excel financial modeling skills
- Strong financial system / ERP expertise and passionate about business excellence and continuous improvement in processes
Cordia Resources is a leading recruiting and staffing firm in the Washington, DC area. We focus on building strong relationships with employers and job seekers, like you, because we care about opening new doors to career opportunities and helping our clients grow. Join our Consulting Team and benefit from our best-in-class ConsultantCare program, multiple project opportunities, health and retirement benefits, participation in company events, among others.