Empower Change as an Accounts Payable Specialist: Join a Trailblazing Non-Profit Team!
Are you a detail-loving financial aficionado who dreams of making your mark on the world? Are you searching for a career that blends your love for numbers with your desire to drive positive social impact? Cordia is partnered with a prominent non-profit organization that is seeking an Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist to join their team on a contract basis with the potential for contract to hire. Details below!
Position Overview: As the Accounts Payable Specialist, your meticulous attention to detail will ensure that every transaction is airtight, while your strategic thinking will help our client maximize the impact of their resources. Join us in sculpting a transparent and effective financial landscape that supports our clients transformative work.
Title: Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist
Location: Hybrid - Tysons, VA
Hourly Rate: $30.00 - $35.00/hour
Job Type: Contract / Contract to Hire
What You'll Do:
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status
- Understand expense accounts and cost centers
- Understands compliance issues around accounts payable processes (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
What We're Looking For:
- Proven working experience as Accounts Payable Clerk
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration