Cordia Resources is a locally owned, top-ranked Executive/Professional Search firm with three local offices (Washington, DC, Rockville, MD and Vienna, VA) we are well-positioned to help any level of client or job seeker within Human Resources, Accounting or Finance.
One of our clients, a global non-profit association, is looking for a strategic and detail-oriented HR leader to join the team. The Human Resources Director
will work out of the Washington, DC office, but able to work remotely on an indefinite basis.
Provides strategic leadership and hands on execution to key organization culture drivers including planning, implementing, and managing assigned HR processes including performance management, talent acquisition and development, and employee relations. The HR Director will develop and implement the organization’s diversity initiatives and strategy to attract, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Manages the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation process.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Establish recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse backgrounds
- Develop, initiate and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Assists VP of HR in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's compensation and salary program.
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Serve as a resource/expert on relevant employment and HR-related legislation (EEO, IRCA, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, OSHA, ACA etc.)
- Lead HR projects as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- Leads the organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiative including program development and establishing recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse backgrounds.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Establish and maintain relationships with all employees and vendors. Engage in ongoing outreach with department directors and executives.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR Certification Preferred.
- Requires 10+ years of Human Resources experience with expert understanding of Human Resources related laws and compliance.
- Experience with diversity programs preferred.
- Must be able to isolate issues and define problems clearly and articulate solutions in a clear, concise, and consultative manner.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.