Our client, a Software Company, in Reston, VA is seeking a Senior Accountant for a 7 month long engagement. The ideal candidate should have Software Development/SAAS experience.
The temporary Senior Accountant will perform a wide range of accounting duties to help the accounting department with the month end close process while the Controller is out on maternity leave.
Duties will include revenue recognition, monthly invoicing, payroll, month end close reconciliations such as intangibles, converting of financials and booking entity related journal entries, reclass entries from SG&A to CoS, interest reconciliations, and consolidation process, plus a wide range of administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains revenue reconciliations including deferred revenue and accrued revenue
- Generates monthly invoices for all customers with the help of staff accountant
- Prepares and enters various JEs
- Manages semi-monthly payroll process along with staff accountant and HR department
- Maintains TSheets time tracking software by onboarding all new employees in both the India office as well as the US office, plus processing terminations as well
- Responsible for approving employee expense reports through Concur
- Will serve as point of contact/liaison between the India accounting team (three accountants) and the staff accountant on the US side
- Responsible for month end close reconciliations including intangibles, interest expense, payroll SG&A to CoS reclass, and calculation of capitalized labor
- Manages the review of India financials and converting India financials to USD and making the appropriate journal entries for the month end close process
- Responsible for generating the monthly consolidation for US & India
- Will help staff accountant with audit requests
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management and a wide range of administrative tasks that are typically done by the Controller
The temporary Senior Account is not a supervisory role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5 to 8 years related experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- QuickBooks experience a plus but not necessary
- Concur experience a plus but not necessary
- Self-starter, willing to take on new initiatives; proactive; not afraid to ask questions