Check out this fantastic opportunity for a Staff Accountant!
Our client, a well-established, integrated real estate services company providing strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial property for nearly 20 years is looking for a direct hire/full time
, Staff Accountant
in Washington, DC
. If you meet the qualifications below, Apply Today. You will not want to miss this fantastic opportunity!
Staff Accountant Responsibilities
Staff Accountant Qualifications
- Prepare comparative P/L reports and budget performance including variance analysis for commercial and residential properties.
- Process and record accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and are paid accurately
- Manage cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable while working closely with various departments to ensure that revenues and receivables are reconciled accurately
- Review and process credit card/expense reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, analysis of balance sheet accounts, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Work with third party reports and excel documents to accurately upload information into the accounting system and review results
- Knowledge of property management software systems (MRI, Realpage, Yardi, Appfolio etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Staff Accountant must possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- 1-2 years’ relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration