Don't miss this Senior Accountant
opportunity! This direct hire/full time
, position is with a start-up technology company that has developed next generation of software which facilitates smarter building operations to reduce operating costs as well as CO2 admissions located in Washington DC
. As the company is experiencing tremendous growth there is an immediate need for a Senior Accountant to serve as a key member on the Finance & Accounting team. In this high-profile role, you will be able to provide timely insights and observations to assist senior executives make informed decisions. While the company is working remotely this position would be required to come into the office one day a week. More than likely it will be hybrid even after COVID is over. The company location is metro accessible in NW DC.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the controller you will assist in all areas of accounting: A/R, A/P, G/L, Payroll, monthly close and financial reporting.
Responsibilites will grow over time to include:
The ideal Senior Accountant candidate will possess:
- Develop an understanding of the business and financial drivers.
- Learn pertinent internal tools (Google Apps, Slack, Zoom, Salesforce, QuickBooks)
- Assist and eventually run the month end close process.
- Assist Controller to kick off ERP migration.
- Handle of all AR/AP processes
- Assist Controller with GAAP research for appropriate accounting treatment.
- Assist with process improvement and Identify best practice audit controls.
- CPA with 3-5 years experience in public accounting and or corporate accounting.
- Previous experience real estate or software industry is a plus.
- Experience working in audit and general accounting.
- Excellent written a verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate level Excel, QuickBooks and Netsuite preferred.