Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
- Washington, DC
(partial Hybrid schedule)
Our client, a rapidly growing, pre-IPO tech/SaaS company, is looking for its first and lead Financial Reporting lead. This position will offer the opportunity to run all reporting pre- and post-IPO. Reporting to the Controller, she/he will also partner up with CFO and four-person accounting staff to be a contributor in many areas. Huge growth situation!
The Financial Reporting Manager will be directly responsible for managing the preparation of client external monthly, quarterly and YTD financial statements for Board of Directors, lenders, investors, and stockholders. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to build the external reporting process from the ground up, help write and develop technical accounting policies, and work on complex transactions by teaming with compliance and business teams from negotiation to close. This high impact role requires a passionate leader with a team player attitude.
- Develop and maintain the financial reporting function including creation of periodic financial statements, footnotes, supplemental disclosures and executive level presentations
- Ensure that reports, filings, and documentation comply with company regulations, professional standards, and GAAP and other reporting guidelines
- Prepare and coordinate all internal financial reporting, departmental and functional results analysis, and communications of reporting to senior management
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance
- Work closely with the external auditors on planning, completion, and filing of required reports
- Assist in SOX level compliance testing and reporting, SOC II reviews and reporting and internal risk assessments
Culture & Compensation:
- 7+ years of financial reporting experience (prior experience in technology, professional services, Software as a Service or other high growth companies preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA required
- National public accounting firm background, public company reporting and/or audit experience
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position, draft supporting memorandum and obtain auditor acceptance
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (pivot tables, lookups) and PowerPoint
- NetSuite experience is desirable
- Data warehouse, BI reporting and dashboard creation desirable
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures—in a SOX environment
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to multiple demands and shifting/competing priorities, and deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- History of teamwork and willingness to dive-in to get the job done.
- Intellectually curious, creative, and collaborative.
- $135,000 - $150,000 starting base salary
- 15% annual target bonus
- Equity possible
- Great benefits/perks
- Remote/flexible schedule
- Metro-accessible when in office