Our client is a non profit private school in DC looking to add an Accounting Assistant to their team of three. This position will be focused mainly on the day to day accounts payable and student billing processes. This person will also assist in the month end close and other ad hoc assignments. This person will also work closely with and report to the head of finance. This role is five days a week in office with flexibility during Summer vacation to be hybrid and salary will be $75k, depending on experience.
• Responsible for processing Accounts Payables (-100 invoices) using Blackbaud FENXT
• Ensure all charges have proper documentation, approvals and comply with school policies
• Create and process in-House checks as necessary
• Process postings for school issued credit cards
• Handle inquiries from vendors and pull documentation for auditors
• Collect and maintain W-9 forms from vendors and prepare annual 1099s reports
• Review and upload charges for all service template into Blackbaud Tuition Management System
• Prepare deposits for miscellaneous checks/cash activity and post into Blackbaud
• Reconcile and record other deposits
• Support department with day-to-day requests for reports and other information
• Work with Development staff and other employees to identify restrictions on donated funds
• Work with faculty and business office for other financial tracking and special projects
• Make travel arrangements for authorized faculty and staff for professional development in accordance with the school handbook guidelines and assisting with changes if needed.
• Coordinate bus reservations for field trips
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
• 2+ years of accounting experience to include accounts payable and reconciliation;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven organizational skills and the ability to maintain precise records
• Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
• Ability to multitask and manage duties with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality with highly sensitive information.
For immediate consideration, please send resumes directly to email@example.com