Job Title: Software Applications Developer (***Current Public Trust Required)
Job Location: Remote
Work Status: U.S. Citizen
Clearance level: Public Trust
Salary: 100k to 160k annually
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based bonuses
- Health Care Coverage Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Contribution Matching
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Training and Certification Opportunities
- Transit Benefit Program
- Great Team Working and Knowledge Sharing Environment
Our Client is looking for a Software Applications Developer to join a team of qualified, diverse individuals to support a federal government client in the DC Metro Area. The ideal candidate is expected to have full knowledge, skills and abilities within the following:
- Develops and integrates advanced technologies to streamline and optimize operations, reduce processing time, improve data transparency, and ensure greater accuracy of actions using a cloud tech stack, microservices architecture, microapps serverless environments, and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution.
- Experience with React UI or related UI frameworks (e.g., Angular)
- Experience withNode.js
- Experience with AWS Cloud Tools (e.g., AWS Lambda, EventBridge, DynamoDB, Kinesis, API gateway, S3, and others)
- Develop Application Programing Interfaces(APIs) to implement overall data integration, data integrity, and availability.
- Perform software application development amongst one of several multiple-disciplinary agile teams to develop and integrate microservices, cloud-based solution and to deploy and deliver using a DevSecOps CI/CD approach.
- Experience with agile and DevOps tools (e.g., Git, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, JUnit)
- Experience in writing SQL and working with relational databases (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL, Dynamo DB)
- Develops and implements predictive analysis codes; builds and tests physical & software models; designs applications, develops and builds test and verification equipment; and develops, tests and integrates specialty materials. Ability to work and communicate with technical and specialty subject matter expert engineers to derive and capture design data and requirements across a system of systems.
- Will be responsible for designing and implementing best-practices, and working IT systems, architectures, solutions, and environments using one or more of the technologies including Agile, DevSecOps, and Cloud Computing.
- Federal government IT consulting experience.
Required Experience includes:
- Must Possesses Active Public Trust (DHS preferred)
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in STEM discipline AND a minimum of five (5) years of related professional experience in software application development.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain DHS Suitability Public Trust 6C (High Risk) clearance.
- Must have full stack software development expertise and experience.
Additional Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Build, configure, deploy, integrate, troubleshoot, and tune full-stack software development systems, open-source software, and cloud technologies and containers in an Agile and DevSecOps full software development lifecycle (SDLC) environment.
- Develop cloud solutions that meet customer needs for scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Set up and support Cloud Infrastructure automation for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes utilizing AWS, Azure, and other cloud provider services.
- Responsible as part of the team for collaborating on and setting cloud vision; Contributing to cloud infrastructure and cloud services architecture to meet client's operational objectives for cloud solutions.
- Implement cloud technologies including IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Public/Hybrid/Community Cloud Service Provider offerings, cloud management tools, and converged infrastructure.
- Establish and maintain Agile and DevSecOps application development policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance.
- Implement Cybersecurity solutions using best practices.
- Participate in oral presentations and code challenges.
- Demonstrate innovative thinking, strong problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Take on multiple projects or tasks and meet scheduled dates.
- Communicate and collaborate across functional and technical teams to help improve agility and quality of software delivery.
Highly desired with experience in:
- Working remotely in a highly collaborative environment and keeping a team engaged.
- Using reporting tools, workbooks, and dashboards.
- Experience with working in an agile environment