Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is partnered with an international law firm who is seeking a Billing Specialist
to join their team on a permanent basis.
$60,-000 - $85,000/year
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing, fostering, and maintaining professional and collaborative relationships with attorneys, staff, and clients to ensure compliance with both attorney and client specifications.
- Verifying rates with the rate analysts, reviewing, and implementing the outside counsel guidelines, monitoring fee caps, tier discounts and matter budgets; setting-up and monitoring alerts; and communicating with the firm’s Billing & Intake Committee regarding discounts, write-downs, and write-offs.
- Managing the prebill to the final bill process; ensuring that billing attorneys receive accurate prebills and that they return their prebills in a timely manner; submitting finalized bills/eBills in the appropriate template format, adhering to the attorney and client specifications; and confirming the final bills have been submitted to the client and are posted in the accounting system.
- Collaborating with the eBilling Coordinators for new client account set-ups with eBilling requirements; collaborating with the Accounting Systems Administrator to update appropriate fields according to client billing guidelines; submitting invoices electronically, taking accountability for successful submission and troubleshooting issues; and proactively following-up regarding acceptance and timely payment of eBills.
- Communicating directly with clients as requested or as established. Concisely communicating arrangements with attorneys and clients on their matters; and providing clients with requested information on any special billing arrangements. Responding to all inquiries relating to same.
- Responding to inquiries relating to accruals, audits, and payment reports; recommending solutions based on billing trends relating to realization; and preparing ad hoc reports upon request.
- Maintaining updated pre-bill status reports for assigned portfolios.
- Monitoring the unapplied cash report and offering resolution when applicable and assisting Accounts Receivable with accurate payment applications. Keeping partners updated on available unapplied and trust funds and applying funds when needed.
- Establishing effective back-up support processes (cross-training and knowledge transfer) to ensure seamless support for all portfolio matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
- Related experience performing complex accounting analysis utilizing advanced Excel and reporting skills.
- High level of business acumen and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to assess pertinent information and anticipate needs and outcomes.
- Ability to prepare accurate, highly detailed work product and prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Talent for delivering exceptional client service through teamwork and an ability to work independently.
- Ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and other information clearly and concisely.
- Strong initiative to proactively increase value to the position.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess reliability, dependability, and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed.