Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is partnered with a $15 million dollar development company based in Allentown, PA that supports economic development through workforce training and reskilling. They are seeking a Director of Finance
to join their team on a contract-to-hire basis.
Director of Finance
On-Site - Allentown, PA
The Director of Finance is responsible for the supervision, and oversight of the organization’s Finance Department, to include Accounting, Payroll, Procurement, and Budgeting. This role reports directly to the CEO of the organization and is part of the Executive Leadership Team, the Director of Finance manages all financial functions and prepares all financial records for the organization. These functions include internal finance, accounting, and payroll operations, applicable grants and grants reporting as needed, and other compliance with other laws.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Develop accounting standards and financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for month, quarter, and year-end close process
- Forecasting, developing and managing budgets.
- Evaluating and directing the organization's financial performance.
- Serving as a strategic partner for the organization and assessing the short- and long-term financial health of the organization.
- Preparing budgets and accounting records reports.
- Projecting and requesting funds to cover future disbursements.
- Working closely with organization leadership on grant requirements and compliance, where applicable
- Update and develop financial policies, fiscal procedures, and budgeting processes for the organization as needed.
- Working closely with organizational leadership to develop, establish, enact, document, and ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Providing staff training on financial accountability, procedures and more.
- Working with external auditors and other third parties as necessary.
- Other duties, as assigned or needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline and at least 3 years of experience in an accounting or finance related field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and accepted accounting procedures and principles.
- Strong technology background in Excel and ERP systems
- Ability to help make automation and technology changes to enhance department performance
- Ability to analyze and present data to Executive Leadership and External Auditors’
- Previous experience working with GL functions
- Experience in managing multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Ability to work onsite for the first several months of the role and to travel occasionally (> 10%) for work-related events.
- Experience working in a GAAP environment
- Ability to learn other federal, state, and local legal requirements relating to responsibility for the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly with managers and employees concerning fiscal performance expectations and accountability.
- Keeps current on program regulations, requirements, and funding provisions. Understand the Financial Software and keep up to date on revisions.
- Logical analysis and intellectual ability to manage the financial wellbeing of a small organization with a multimillion-dollar budget.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively within the organization, with auditors, with the Executive Leadership Team, and third parties.