Cordia Resources by Cherry Bekaert is partnered with a well-established non-profit who is seeking an Interim Accounting Manager
to join their team on a contract basis. Details below!
Interim Accounting Manager
Hybrid - Arlington, VA
Sage Intacct required
The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the client's accounting functions for the parent company and it’s subsidiaries. This includes maintaining the company’s overall account systems, procedures, and policies. This person provides support in the process, planning, and implementation of accounting operations, in coordination with staff, and volunteer leaders. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, to remain proactive, to be resourceful and efficient, and to maintain a high level of professionalism are essential. High-quality written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. This position supports the goals and mission of the client and has high visibility and significant interaction with members, volunteers, vendors, leaders, and partner organizations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare day-to-day and month-end close entries including revenue, prepaid expenses, unbilled accounts receivable, and accrued liabilities
- Prepares complex reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts, various other general ledger accounts, and budget to actual variance analysis
- Assists with the month-end and year-end closing process
- Monitor grant reporting and maintain clear reporting, tracking, and reconciliation of each.
- Review, reconcile, and process monthly credit card activity.
- Prepare and file all local, state, and federal tax returns in a timely manner.
- Review accounts payable to ensure proper coding.
- Assist in the preparation of APIC’s 990.
- Prepare and complete all month-end reporting
- Reconcile operating, restricted, inter-company, and subsidiary transactions through internal financial statements.
- Assist in financial statement preparation
- Prepare any other miscellaneous ad-hoc reports as necessary