– Government Contractor, Arlington, VA Salary: $150-200K depending on experience.
Premier engineering and technical services provider supporting national security programs has an immediate need to hire an experienced controller with experience in the government (DoD) contracting industry. This position reports to the CFO and will directly supervise a small team.
- Overseeing all operations within the Accounting department, to include but not limited to all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, revenue recognition and various special analyses
- Computing indirect rates and ensuring the integrity of the pools and costs centers and preparing the annual Incurred Cost Submissions
- Ensuring accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Interacting with functional leaders to assist in reviewing financial reporting package data that provides concise, meaningful information
- Supporting all DCAA \ DCMA Audits
- Assist and\or review preparation of tax and other government filings
- Researching technical accounting issues as required
- Assisting in prioritizing business planning, strategy, cash management and financial and Accounting operational issues
- Conducting monthly balance sheet reviews to ensure that all significant and judgmental accounts are materially correct
- Recommend and implement accounting procedures in an effort to minimize internal control weaknesses
- Reviewing departmental day-to-day processes and procedures in an effort to streamline and identify process improvement opportunity
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Advanced degree a plus
- 5 - 10 years of related experience within a Government Contracting environment
- Proficiency with Deltek CostPoint 7.0 and Deltek T&E 9.0
- Previous experience as an accounting manager or controller
- Proficient Microsoft Office
- US Citizenship required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.