We have an exciting direct hire, Project Accountant
opportunity available in Manassas, VA
. Our client is a private equity backed $200M manufacturing company with operations across the US. The ideal candidate has a background in the construction/manufacturing industry, has worked directly with project managers, and has a deep understanding of percentage of completion and WIP accounting. Our client offers strong personal growth opportunity and competitive a compensation package of $75-80k
(depending on experience).
Project Accountant Responsibilities:
Project Accountant Qualifications:
- Maintain project schedules and punch lists
- Process, track and maintain all submittals including shop drawings, product data, SDS, LEED data and samples
- Preparation of monthly progress billings including preparation of AIA invoices and entry into appropriate software, application of cash receipts.
- Respond to resulting questions from customer or Project Manager
- Maintain projects lists to show complete and accurate information about a project including tracking of AWI QCP projects, LEED projects, FSC projects, prevailing wage projects, bonded projects, etc.
- Work with Estimators to get initial estimates and bidding documents for projects
- Setting up and maintaining project data in accounting systems as well as hard copy document management. This includes maintaining project-related records, including contracts and change orders. Projects should be created in Contract Management system, accounting system and the payroll system
- Attend project hand-off meetings with Estimating & Engineering
- Create a schedule of values (based off the estimate) for billing purposes
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management including work in progress and project profitability
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of Construction/manufacturing industry experience
- Demonstrated experience working directly with the company’s project managers
- Excellent understanding of percentage of competition, WIP accounting, revenue recognition, etc.
Job ID: 13555481