Great opportunity for a Director of SEC Reporting
in Tyson’s Corner, VA
with a rapidly growing PE backed, data analytics/cyber security firm. As Director of SEC Reporting,
you will be responsible for the design of technical accounting policies and procedures for SEC reporting for a private technology company preparing for an initial public offering (IPO). This direct hire/full time
, Director of SEC Reporting ensures the design, execution, and maintenance of SEC reporting in compliance with GAAP, SEC rules and standards, SOX and other internal accounting and controls policies. As the ideal candidate has experience in developing SEC reporting policies and preparing SEC reporting and experience with Big 4 or similar accounting and auditing firms. Competitive Salary, flexible PTO, paid holiday days and more! Don’t miss out – apply today! Washington DC metro only candidates!
Director of SEC Reporting Responsibilities
Director of SEC Reporting Qualifications:
- Performs technical research, works across accounting/finance and with external audit to design and buildout technical accounting policies and reporting in accordance with PCAOB/GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. Proactively identifies weaknesses in processes to improve SEC reporting processes and to provide compliant, accurate and timely financial statements for signoff by leadership.
- Responsible for the preparation of all SEC filings, internal management reporting, and financial results and analyses. Prepares quarterly and annual external financial statements including the balance sheet, income statement, shareholders' equity and cash flows. Prepares footnote disclosures to be included in interim and year-end financial statements and completes the GAAP checklist to ensure completeness of reporting.
- Prepares share-based compensation disclosures for interim and annual financial statements, as well as annual proxy disclosures. Maintains share-based compensation activity reports, including monthly expense calculations. Prepares quarterly earnings per share calculations and related documentation.
- Liaise with investor relations team to complete earnings release and earnings call script by validation and tie-out of all financial data, and to address financial questions received from investors.
- Processes internal and external audit requests. Performs technical accounting and SEC reporting research and documents conclusions and recommendations to the leadership team.
- Works across finance to implement accounting changes or improvements to enhance the quality of SEC reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 9 years of related experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 7 years of related experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least 4 years of progressively complex SEC reporting responsibilities
- Expert knowledge and understanding of SEC reporting and GAAP
- Ability to develop and implement SEC reporting policies and procedures independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 12 years of experience or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 10 years of related experience.
- Experience with NetSuite
- Five years of experience performing accounting and auditing with Big 4 or similar firms
- Experience developing SEC reporting and policies for a pre-IPO company