Cordia Partners is currently seeking a Senior Accountant
to join their team to provide accounting support to their government contracts clients.
Senior Accountant Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Senior Accountant Qualifications:
- Prepares day-to-day and month-end close entries including revenue, payroll, prepaid expenses, unbilled accounts receivable, and accrued liabilities.
- Prepares complex reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts and various other general ledger accounts, as needed.
- Assists with the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the accounting operations within each assigned client. Obtains a working knowledge of the client’s accounting software packages. Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies, and procedures established by the client.
- Assists external auditors and tax accountants at year-end with preparing schedules, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
- Assists in the preparation of the client’s year-end 1099 submissions.
- Recommends, designs, and implements any necessary department controls and procedures.
- Interacts with a client as needed.
- Supervisory responsibilities include:
- Reviews and supervises staff accountant’s monthly work, including but not limited to, journal entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Coaches and mentors Staff Accountants through project management
- Disburses client requests to team members to manage deadlines
Senior Accountant Optional Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
- Strong Costpoint, GCS or Unanet experience required
- Utmost discretion, strong ethics
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the accounting field
- Strong understanding of Accounting Principles, knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced understanding of general and subsidiary ledgers and financial statements
- Understanding of government contract compliance regulations found in the FAR, CAS, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail orientated with strong analytical skills
- Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and client requirements
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- CPA license preferred
- Project Accounting experience
- Experience with Positive Pay
- Experience with Concur or similar system
- Supervisory experience