Take a look at this opportunity for a direct hire, General Ledger Accountant
in Bethesda MD.
For this Staff Accountant role, you will need to be a skillful problem solver and be willing to seek improvements and efficiencies in our client’s processes. You will become proficient in the use of our accounting system and have the opportunity to make a difference in a variety of challenging functions. Our client offers competitive pay and benefits programs, complimentary garage parking, free gym access, on site cafeteria/coffee shop and more!
- Areas of focus include cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and intercompany loans
- Support general accounting functions including the preparation of journal entries and account analyses
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports and supporting schedules.
- Assist with SOX compliance.
- Support projects and contracts entry
- Cross-train in other accounting functions and assist in the review of procedure documentation
- Support external and internal audit
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Manage multiple priorities/projects effectively
- Identify and support implementation of process improvements
- Coordinate with multiple departments and levels of management including offsite locations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- CPA or active candidate
- Combination of corporate and/or public accounting experience
- Experience with financial and reporting systems
- 2+ years of experience in general accounting functions
- Knowledge SOX and/or internal controls testing and documentation
- Eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to meet strict closing and reporting deadlines consistent with a publicly traded company
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience