New, exciting direct hire, CFO
opportunity available in Washington, DC
. Our client is growing, well-respected Non-Profit organization ($10M, operates across the US) with dynamic operation bringing local and national leaders/executives together focusing on ensuring young Americans are productive and successful members of the society.
The CFO will oversee and manage the organization's financial operations, including annual audits, foundation grant budgeting, and reporting, production of financial statements, oversight of accounts payable and receivable, and advisement of the executive and senior management team on financial decisions. The position will report to the President and Chief of Staff.
We are looking for a well-educated, strategic leader with deep experience in the Non-profit industry including in-depth grants management and strong budgeting experience. Our client offers strong personal growth opportunity and a competitive compensation package of $120-140k
(depending on experience) with great benefits.
- Analyze financial reports in relation to current budget and prior year information.
- Audit expenditures, ensuring compliance with the accounting procedures of the organization.
- Balances and reconciles accounts; adjusts and corrects daily journal entries.
- Monitors expenditures and prepares monthly financial statements and administrative reports.
- Provides technical support to professional/program staff.
- Prepares quarterly and annual statements.
- Trains professional accounting staff on the finance team and any other members of the team assigned to finance duties.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the finance team.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration required as well as CPA/MBA.
- At least eight years of finance experience and a full understanding and competence in non-profit accounting.
- Three to five years of managerial experience required.
- Deep experience with grants (state and federal).
- Strong working understanding of Intacct, Nexonia, and Mineral Tree
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, and nonprofit accounting
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
Job ID: 13634384