Our client, who is located in Reston, VA is in need of a Billing Specialist
with recent Deltek Costpoint experience
. This is a contractual engagement with duration lasting 3 – 5 months long. Our client is roughly $600M in revenue. The ideal candidate must have experience with T&M, FP, and Cost Plus invoicing. Compensation is in the range of $30-$35/per hour.
Billing Specialist Required Skills:
· 4-5 Years’ experience with Billing in Deltek Costpoint (preferably some experience with version 7.1)
· Government contracts industry
· Understanding of T&M, FP, and Cost Plus billing a must
· SOX compliance
· Excel (Pivot/Vlookup)
· Invoice submission websites-WAWF/IPP
· Experience with Cognos
· Deltek TE
· Contract Closeout
Billing Specialist Job Description:
· Seeking a billing specialist to process semimonthly/monthly billing. Includes billing in Costpoint 7.1, collection follow-up for invoices within assigned project portfolio, and unbilled reconciliation.
· Perform quality control checks to verify correct billing setup as well as accuracy of information entered in billing system.
· Understand the basic contract document(s) as it relates to billing and revenue.
· Billing and controlling the invoicing process to ensure timely and accurate invoicing. Ensure invoices are in compliance with appropriate contracts, guidelines, and regulations.
· Identify issues, researches same, and remedies as appropriate.
· Revise/Edit invoices as appropriate.
· Remit invoices to customers based on submission instructions (WAWF, IPP, other website, email, etc).
· Reconcile billings, revenue, and unbilled amounts on a monthly basis.
· Perform monthly Unbilled reconciliations of billed vs. revenue activity. Research and resolve unexplained reconciling items. Notify the Manager of significant, reconciling items that remain unresolved for extended periods.
· Perform collection activity and resolution of outstanding invoices for past due accounts.
· Coordinate with Contracts on contract closeouts and prepare contract closeout invoices.
· Establish a business relationship with internal and external customers. Provide guidance and support to facilitate accurate and timely billing and prompt collection.
· Work closely with the Program Managers, Contracts, and Accounting personnel regarding billing and revenue issues.
· Support management by performing various departmental special projects as needed.
· Assist in any internal or external audits as needed.
· Looking for an individual with high attention to detail, strong organizational and time-management skills, reliable, and has a strong work ethic.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Deltek TE (Time&Expense): 4 years
- Cognos: 4 years
- Government Contracting Billing: 4 years
- T&M, FP, and Cost Plus invoicing: 4 years
- Billing in Deltek Costpoint: 4 years
- Temporarily due to COVID-19