In spite of COVID -19 our real estate client is growing at a rapid pace and this has created the need for a multi-faceted financial professional to take on the role of controller/financial administrator.
As Controller you will be is responsible for overseeing Accounting, Human Resources, and IT functions. Responsibilities include overseeing all financial reporting and day to day accounting, monitoring budgets, employee benefits oversight, managing corporate insurance, and implementing policies and procedures. The Controller will be the main point of contact with the outside CPA firm and ensure all tax filings are done on a timely basis as well as manage the accounting and HR staff.
• Manage all data entry of general ledger, cash management, account reconciliation, payroll processing, preparation of taxes (payroll, State and federal), and processing of accounts receivable and payable.
• Tax Returns: Prepare financial data for both business and CEO’s personal accounts for our CPA firm to file tax returns.
• Financial Analysis: prepare reports financial reports such as tracking inventory, cashflow forecasting, job costing, etc.
• Conduct monthly reconciliations and audits to ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial data.
• Analyze financial data and produce financial forecasts and various financial reports for the CEO.
• Raising equity, obtaining or raising line of credit limits to ensure ongoing expansion.
• Ensure all Settlements are being processed and closed in a timely manner. Audit all HUD/ALTA statements for accuracy.
• Oversee investor relations, business planning, and financial modeling for new business ventures and national expansion. Market Research may be required for launching into new markets.
• Manage utilities to make sure they’re turned on and off promptly as we buy and sell homes.
• Manage Payroll and Bonus/Commission processing.
• Office Management: manage office lease & issues with office. Ensure all office supplies ordered and manage reception.
• Reviewing Contracts; functional Business Management – attentional to detail is key.
• Work with leasing consultants, negotiate terms, sit-in on contraction meetings.
• 10 years minimum experience in a corporate accounting/finance management position.
• CPA preferred, but not required.
• Residential Real Estate/Construction experience.
• Experience with a higher-level accounting software package such as Timberline or Sage 100. Advanced Excel user.
• Job Costing in Construction experience is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, Masters preferred.