The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for senior level management of critical Corporate Functions business client groups including Legal, Finance, Education, and Marketing. Responsibilities include; executing HR objectives, employee relations, performance management, compensation planning, talent planning/workforce analysis, learning and development and organizational effectiveness initiatives.
- Provide business leaders and managers with an HR perspective on business decisions by leveraging a strong knowledge of all HR functions. Evaluate and advise on the impact of changes on employees, HR systems and operations.
- Act as the primary point of contact and HR advisor to employees in client group on human resources topics. Serve as ‘trusted adviser’ to all levels of management up to and including C-level leaders.
- Maintain current understanding of the organization’s financial status, product & service offerings, revenue model and key initiatives. Partner with client group to execute human capital strategy in line with business objectives. Develop effective relationships with leaders within client group, provide coaching and influence matters relating to human resources.
- Analyze a broad range of HR data to identify valid insights and proactively convert these insights into recommendations. Collaborate with business leaders to design organizational structures, job roles and talent management processes to drive organizational strategy and meet business objectives.
- Partner with HR centers of excellence to ensure execution of all human resources operations within client group including HR Operations, Immigration, Recruiting and HRIS. Determine appropriate reports, dashboards, etc. to support client groups and work with HRIS/IS to create and/or maintain.
- Partner with client group on all employee relations matters including adherence to policy, grievances, voluntary and involuntary terminations. Work collaboratively with business leaders and legal partners to develop and execute resolution strategies.
- Advise on all performance management concerns in client group. Accountable for completion of quarterly and annual performance planning within client group including training and tools. Provide expertise related to performance management. Review written performance reviews and follow up with managers and employees for diagnosis of development needs and coaching.
- Work closely with Compensation Analyst to complete analysis of employee compensation within client group. Review and make recommendations to business leaders as part of merit planning and promotional processes.
- Provide guidance on reorganization decisions including appropriate structure and role design for optimal business performance, talent planning and management, and change management activities.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field
- 4+ years of progressive HR experience
- Experience and confidence supporting and partnering with senior level executive management in a fast-paced technology environment
- Preference for background in having supported Corporate Functions teams
- Excellent knowledge of HR practices and principles, and all applicable employment, pay, benefits, health, and safety laws and regulations in the US
- Experience with administering and maintaining performance management
- Proven ability to exercise excellent professional judgment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of integrity Strong analytical and problem-solving skills