One of CORDIA's valued and fast-growing clients ($200m) is hiring a new accounting leader to assist the CFO with all operational/GL/services accounting. This individual will lead all staff (8-10) and be expected to be and remain "hands-on" and also supporting the CFO with reporting, close, P&L/balance sheet and "ad-hoc" projects as needed.
- Mentor and manage an accounting team of 10 +/- staff
- Support and help produce timely & accurate monthly financial package reporting
- Continuous improve the reporting process – create, implement, and document key accounting processes and procedures; streamline the reporting process, and creating useful & relevant reports
- Monthly financial reviews - benchmark financial statements & monitor cash flow, A/P aging, line of credit, cash controls, etc.
- Manage cash flow and produce projections
- Cost cutting progress - set goals, review project statuses, and accomplishments in reducing costs, as well as monitor significant expenses
- Provide support to third party tax accountants by preparing financials - produce schedules, approve adjustments, and ensure timely payment of monthly, quarterly, and annual taxes
- Collaborate with department leaders to improve processes
- Maintain positive & favorable external relationships (banks, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
Culture & Compensation:
- CPA preferred but not required
- 10+ years of accounting experience
- Must understand general ledger functions, financial statements, reconciliation management, operational accounting
- Previous accounting management/leadership/experience in retail and inventory management environment is required (hospitality, hotels, retail, restaurant)
- Should be able to diligently meet deadlines and maintain accuracy; stay organized and be mostly process-driven
- Should have managed at least 7 staff members before
- Will be expected to collaborate cross-functionally, solve problems etc.
- Knowledge or experience in Catapult or MS Dynamics is preferred but not required
- Should be comfortable with a hybrid (or more) commute to Bethesda/Rockville area
- $135,000 - $150,000 base (dependent on appropriate experience)
- Annual bonus program
- Great people! Must be a team player and want to build and repair
- Supportive, open and transparent management and C-Suite
- Flexibility/remote work extended to all - hybrid program coming but subject to change
- Not for the cube dweller! A strong value system and open communication and engagement is very important to this group.