As a key member of the Technology team, the Senior Systems / Business Analyst is responsible for administering, designing, implementing, advising, configuring, reporting and monitoring enterprise system including but not limited to PeopleSoft and Workday. Partner across the Technology department and multiple College departments for effective solution-building. Possesses excellent advising, technical, problem-solving, relationship-building and collaboration skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define and document business processes, data maps, and partner with end users on developing requirements, functionality, and solutions.
- Provide functional and technical expertise for enterprise systems and recommendations in assessing implementation of project objectives.
- Perform system configuration and application development and collaborate with other internal/external resources.
- Actively pursue innovative initiatives and improvements in current processes.
- Gather/document business requirements for change requests (break/fix).
- Develop test scripts, document test scenarios and perform testing activities.
- Execute data conversion and data validation activities.
- Resolve issues and defects reported.
- Manage implementation phase of projects as well as 2X/year upgrades.
- Design, develop and execute mass data loads.
- Support internal/external integrations; including design, testing and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with functional and technical stakeholders to optimize business processes.
- Collaborate with functional stakeholders to develop & maintain custom reporting.
- Work closely with other technical resources to ensure continuous improvement of institution-owned integrations.
- Support integration development, testing and troubleshooting.
- Manage ticketing queue to ensure tickets are addressed in a timely manner with excellent customer service.
- Applications and enterprise systems used in higher-education, PeopleSoft, Workday HCM, Payroll, Financials and Reporting, project and operations management; software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Outstanding business process fluency, with a strong ability to discuss processes at a level of detail sufficient to gain insight into the underlying business problem or opportunity;
- Extreme organization skills, detail orientation, and a proven ability to follow projects and issues through to completion are required
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are required; must have the interpersonal finesse to interact effectively within the organization and with external suppliers
- Two years’ Enterprise Systems experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or related field or commensurate experience
- Experience with integrations
- Familiarity with higher education administration current best practices
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Knowledge of Workday