Our client is a growing professional services company located in Northern Virginia is looking to add a Staff/Senior Accountant to their expanding Accounting Department. This position will report to the Accounting Manager. Salary is between $75,000 - $85,000 + bonus.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors & trends to suggest ways to improve efficiency
- Compile necessary documents for Year-end Audit
- Produce semi-monthly payroll reports for sign-off
- Reconcile Payroll & benefits in a timely manner
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages. Principally Intaact, QuickBooks is a Plus.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including vlookups and pivot tables, sumif
- Must have exceptional Organization Skills.
- Doesn’t mind getting into the weeds, understanding and solving problems
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- CPA or CPA candidate will be preferred