Senior Payroll Administrator Responsibilities
• Own and maintain the payroll process, applicable systems and overall control cycle for a public company. Lead all payroll efforts such as improvements across domestic multi-department and consolidated payrolls, implementation of international payroll, and ongoing and incremental management of payroll tax registrations, filings and notices.
• Work independently within the department and cross-functionally with People Operations
• Detail review payroll processing to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions to include new hires, salaries, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
• Work with the People Operations Manager to ensure employee changes including new hires, terminations, promotions, and transfers are processed and paid appropriately.
• Robust knowledge of state and local employer and employee payroll taxes is necessary.
• Ensure the accurate payment, reporting, filing, and reconciliation of all federal and multi-state employer and employee related payroll taxes.
• Manage compliance with applicable country specific tax laws.
• Detail review the employee expense reporting as compared to the T&E policy.
• Maintain the Company’s T&E policy, educate employees on the policy and recommend industry-standard improvements.
• Set up payroll withholding accounts in new states, as needed.
• Respond to tax notices and inquiries.
• Oversees the semi-monthly timesheet process in Deltek, communicating with employees and Management to ensure all timesheets are completed timely and accurately.
• Address and resolve employee questions relating to payroll.
• Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing procedures.
• Coordinate with the Controller on the payroll-related taxes on equity grants.
• Ensure wage garnishments are entered in the payroll system in compliance with federal laws.
• Assist with payroll reconciliations to the General Ledger and provide audit and internal control documentation as needed.
• Other job related duties assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Proven experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment in excess of 8 years
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now and CostPoint/Deltek.
• Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
• Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws.
• Previous experience working with stock options and RSU’s as it relates to W2 required reporting.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.