Our client, located in Arlington, VA, has developed proprietary technology in the scientific analytics field. This well-funded start up is hiring its’ first Controller as a result of recent significant growth. Our client is looking for an accounting professional with controller level experience and skills to help guide the financial functions of the business to match the Company’s growth.
This position reports to the COO and works closely with the executive management team. There will also be regular interaction with the board of directors and investors. As the company grows it is anticipated that this person could become the Company’s first Chief Financial Officer.
- Oversee daily accounting operations and staff.
- Responsible for cash management and treasury functions.
- Develop and manage budgeting and operational forecasting.
- Provide management timely financial reporting and analysis.
- Develop and maintain a corporate financial dashboard.
- Build strong relationships with executive management team and directors.
- Manage external audit, due diligence and tax compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- At least 4 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry experience.
- Technical accounting knowledge, including understanding of GAAP accounting and reporting requirements.
- Experience with the design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures and internal controls appropriate for the size and stage of the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain accounting concepts to non-financial leaders.
This is a great opportunity to gain broad experience in a dynamic, well-funded technology company that is recognized as an industry leader.