Cordia is partnered with a proven global defense and space company who is seeking to fill an Information Systems Director
role on a flexible hybrid basis!
Information Systems Director
Hybrid - Columbia, MD
Target Start Date:
Information Systems Director Responsibilities:
Home Office IT functions:
- Hires, trains, organizes and provides direction to the IT staff. Resolve resource constraints and/or conflicts as required.
- Assists with managing annual IT budget and ensuring cost-effectiveness of the IT department
- Manages and coordinates all IT-related matters including data, wireless communications, mobile technology, telephony, security, and computer hardware and software
- Troubleshooting and solving problems related to hardware, software, and network problems
- Researching and recommending the acquisition of network hardware and software
- Monitoring network utilization and performance, implementing procedures for network optimization, reliability, and availability
- Development and implementation of processes for IT-related systems/functions across the company
- Analyzing IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Ensure successful project Implementation and tracking by implementing project planning, reporting, and communication.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Coordinates multisite IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Developing and implementing business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of an emergency or data loss.
- Establishing efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Lead innovation, and process improvement within the IT organization
- Define and implement processes and best practices for all IT related systems/functions across the enterprise
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time