View all jobs
Payroll Manager 15638741Arlington, VA
Our client is seeking a Payroll Manager to join their Arlington, VA based team. This is a full-time, hybrid, permanent opportunity with yearly compensation in the range of $120,000 - $140,000.
Must have 2-4 years’ experience within a manager role to be considered.
- Manage all payroll processes (including daily oversight of payroll operations) to ensure accurate and timely payment of compensation for salaried and hourly employees across multiple related entities
- Manage all period, quarterly, and year-end tax reporting and reconciliation and amendments through W-2s
- Identify and resolve all payroll and payroll related issues including, but not limited to, employee related inquiries
- Manage the compensation related payments for all contractors and ensure timely filing of the year-end 1099 forms
- Ensure time filing related to payroll tax including federal, state and local tax reports
- Provide information necessary to the company’s external auditors for the year-end audit and quarterly reviews
- Improve and document payroll processes and work closely with HR Operations in the documentation of their processes
- Lead the implementation of an in-house payroll system
- Lead the integration of payroll related to acquired entities, as needed
- Perform other duties including assistance on special projects as required
- BS/BA Degree preferred
- 8+ years of payroll experience
- 3-4 years of payroll leadership/management accolades
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products – ability to create pivot tables, look-ups, etc.
- Experience using ADP and ADP Workforce Now is required
- Ability to work independently with some oversight
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment ("start-up")