Cordia Resources, a renowned finance and accounting staffing firm, is partnering with an esteemed organization in search of a skilled HR Generalist
. As an HR Generalist, you will play a vital role in supporting our employees and management in various HR functions. You will be responsible for providing HR services and support across the entire employee lifecycle, including recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, performance management, and employee development. This is an excellent opportunity for an HR professional who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and thrives in a diverse and fast-paced organization.
Title: HR Generalist
Location: Hybrid - Takoma Park, MD
Hourly Rate: $25.00 - $30.00/hour
Job Type: Contract / Contract to Hire
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and develop job descriptions.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including posting job openings, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and selecting candidates.
- Conduct new employee orientations and facilitate the onboarding process to ensure a smooth transition for new hires.
- Act as a point of contact for employees regarding HR-related matters, providing guidance and resolution on employee issues.
- Conduct investigations and maintain confidentiality when addressing employee complaints and grievances.
- Assist in resolving conflicts and promote a positive work culture through proactive communication and employee engagement initiatives.
- Assist in the implementation of performance management programs, including goal setting, performance appraisals, and performance improvement plans.
- Provide guidance to managers and employees on performance-related matters and help identify opportunities for professional development.
Training and Development:
- Collaborate with the HR team to identify training needs and develop appropriate learning programs for employees.
- Facilitate training sessions and workshops to enhance employees' skills and knowledge.
HR Policies and Compliance:
- Stay up-to-date with labor laws and regulations, ensuring HR policies and practices are in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Assist in policy development, implementation, and communication to ensure consistent application across the organization.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records, including personnel files and HRIS data.
- Handle various HR-related administrative tasks, such as payroll support, benefits administration, and timekeeping.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist or similar HR role.
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities.
- High level of discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in HRIS software and Microsoft Office Suite.