Hiring for a Senior Accountant for a rapidly growing Government Contractor with 100% remote capability! This position reports into a fantastic Director of Accounting, and offers TREMENDOUS growth opportunity now and in the future. The Senior Accountant will be a key role in and duties will including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year-end audit preparation in addition to others. Must be a US citizen, have strong Deltek Costpoint experience, an understanding of the FAR, and be a great team player. Our client is roughly $80M-$100M in revenue, and has the backing of a commercial parent company of $1B+. They have great benefits and are looking to hire ASAP!
Overview of Company and Position:
The Senior Accountant role is key in supporting the accurate and timely financial statement reporting in compliance with industry, state, and federal regulations. This includes tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year-end audit preparation. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting experience in the government sector, the capability to apply Cost Accounting Standards and extensive knowledge of government regulations and reporting requirements.
This position offers a competitive base salary, to be determined based on the candidate and his/her background and experience. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), employer-paid short-term disability, voluntary life insurance, unlimited paid time off and more.
- Company has been growing and they have done a few acquisitions of late.
- Position is open due to new vacancy. Plan is to double size of team due to growth.
- Reports into a great Director of Accounting.
- They are using Deltek Costpoint which is required.
- Need someone with strong full cycle experience in a government contracting environment.
- Candidates coming from midsize to larger Government Contracting firms is probably the sweet spot for them.
- Awesome culture, and they want someone who can embrace change and who wants to be part of the “ideas and processes/solutions” to keep them growing. The Senior Accountant will “have a voice” in the department
- They want to move fast!
The ideal candidate should have:
- Ensure accounting and reporting is in compliance with federal requirements and GAAP/DCAA standards
- Enforce adherence to any federal requirements; filing reports and advising management on needed actions.
- Establish and maintain proper documentation for all government contracts
- Knowledge of multiple contract types (Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Price, Labor Hour)
- Perform monthly close activities including analysis and preparation of journal entries to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations, including but not limited to bank statements, AR, prepaids, AP, Accrued liabilities and intercompany general ledger accounts.
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal controls
- Support the year-end audit process and assist auditors as needed
- Prepare and file required reports and forms with government agencies in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitor changes in government regulations and advise management of potential impacts on the organization
- Perform basic administrator duties for Deltek system
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Ability to independently interpret and apply thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Knowledgeable of accounting for Government contracts and the ability to immediately handle the duties and responsibilities listed above with minimal training
- Able to read and understand federal government contracts
- Experience using Deltek’s Costpoint Accounting Software
- Experience with DoD contracting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; active CPA license preferred
- 5+ years of experience in government accounting with company revenue of >$1B; Staffing, Recruiting or Services industry preferred
- Independent, self-starter and strong analysis capabilities
- Superior written and verbal presentation skills
- Team player
- Ability to work within a high velocity, autonomous and driven culture
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct
- Well organized
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities – tactful – mature – flexible.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to research, compile, analyze, and interpret data
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines