One of our top clients is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their team on a contract basis. Details below!
Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: In-office / Silver Spring MD
Hourly Rate: $30-$35/hr
Job Type: Contract
Performs activities to establish and maintain employee and payroll records. Duties may include checking and auditing timekeeping records, Payroll records (tax, banking and deductions), enter/edit additional pay and perform basic accounting reconciliation tasks. Develop and maintain tracking files for internal reference and audit purposes. Many tasks are routine and require ability to multi-task. Work is conducted with oversight from Payroll Analyst, Payroll Specialist II and Sr. Manager.
- Job Title: Payroll Specialist
- Department: Finance - Payroll
- Reports To: Sr. Manager - Payroll
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Demonstrate knowledge of Payroll practices, general accounting and automated processing systems. Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience with automated HRMS and Timekeeping systems. Familiar with DC labor and benefit laws and union payrolls. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Education/Training: High School diploma required; BA/BS preferred
- Certification: FPC/CPP preferred
- Experience: 3-5 years payroll processing >2000 employees
- Provide Excellent Customer Service:
- Respond timely to all phone and email inquiries.
- Review Paycheck Inquiry Forms (PIF) and process in accordance with established department standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee data.
- Kronos Time and Attendance:
- Assist managers/timekeepers and employees with timecard edits/inquiries as necessary.
- Appropriately review timecards in order to calculate overtime.
- Maintain training spreadsheet and assist new account management.
- PeopleSoft HRMS or ADP:
- Review employee data to resolve pay discrepancies.
- Enter/edit voluntary and involuntary deductions and additional pay.
- Enter salary allocation updates and retro adjustments when applicable.
- Provide SR Manager/Payroll Analyst data to be included in department file for Component Interface into PSoft.
- Provide staff accountants and auditors with requested substantiation.
- Assist Human Resources with employee reviews and maintenance as appropriate.
- Off-Cycle Check Processing:
- Initiate Stop-Pay and Re-Issue requests for lost or destroyed checks.
- Process check reversals in PSoft as appropriate.
- Process off-cycle checks/wires as appropriate.
- Process daily Positive Pay reporting for Treasury.
- Other Duties as Assigned