As a Billing Specialist with Costpoint experience, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring accurate and timely billing processes. Your primary responsibility will be to manage billing activities, review contracts, and work closely with project managers and clients to ensure billing compliance. You will use your expertise in Costpoint software to streamline billing procedures and maintain financial accuracy.
Title: Billing Specialist
Location: Hybrid - Reston, VA
Hourly Rate: $35.00 - $45.00/hour
Job Type: Contract
- Experience utilizing Deltek Costpoint, Excel and other accounting systems.
- Government reporting is a must
- Advanced Excel - pivot tables vlookups
- AR Invoices - 10 invoices manually
- Experience with Cost Reimbursable, Firm-Fixed-Price, Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee, Fixed Fee
- Knowledge of WAWF (Wide Area Work Flow).
- Prepares, reviews, and submits invoices
- Prepares billings for submissions to customers of various types of government contracts (Cost Reimbursable, Firm-Fixed-Price, Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee, Fixed Fee etc....)
- Maintain Deltek Costpoint project information (i.e. contract setup/funding values, period of performance, project labor categories and work force, backlog, etc.) according to contract invoicing and reporting requirements
- Assist and Review Aged Receivables report and work with management to address outstanding receivable invoices over 30 days old, including collection inquiries.
- Maintain and update billing folders and documentations thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company established guidelines.
- As requested, handles complex billing and client driven requests.
- Ensures all billings are accurate and in compliance with applicable FAR, Uniform Guidance, internal processes, and other contract requirements
- Builds and maintains cross-functional team relationships with Project Management/Control, Contracts,
- Assists in implementing processes and procedures that will improve efficiency and strengthen internal control.
- Resolves a variety of internal and external customer inquiries concerning billing status and initiate communications to external and internal customers to billing discrepancies and collection issues.
- Maintains digital recordkeeping system
- Responds to and issues billing inquires
- Provides year-end/ contract-end support as requested