Our client is seeking an Assistant Accounting Manager
to join their Tysons Corner, VA based team. This is a full-time, hybrid, permanent opportunity with yearly compensation in the range of $110,000 - $120,000. The selected candidates will be focused on the General Ledger Close, Financial Reporting, and Close/Audit—process improvements and automation. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Accounting. The Assistant Manager oversees all aspects of the monthly close process across multiple domestic and international business units. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting skills and an analytical mindset, proficiency with accounting systems, and experience in driving business process improvements.
Assistant Accounting Manager
$110,000 - $120,000
Full-time, Permanent role
Strong working knowledge of MS Excel (pivots, VLOOKUP's, nested formulas, etc.); ERP/General Ledger system
Tysons Corner, VA. Candidates should be able to come into the office 2 times per week
First round - video interview, Second Round - video interview
Potential Start Date:
Someone who is passionate about their work, a fast learner, and ready to make a significant impact in a highly dynamic environment. Hardworking, meticulous accounting professional who is looking to work for a growing company with a great work/life balance
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
Certificates, Licenses And Registrations
• CPA or CPA candidate is a plus
• 6 - 10 years of progressive Accounting experience
- Assist in the preparation of the audit and/or ad hoc projects on an as needed basis
- Manages and supports a team of two staff accountants
- Responsible for completing and reviewing various bank and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Partners with key stakeholders across business units and departments to facilitate activities and information driving accounting.
- Responsible for monitoring & reviewing the reconciled prepaid & accrual accounts
- Responsible for reviewing and approving certain journal entries
- Responsible for performing various business process controls
- Analyze financial data in order to prepare various journal entries
- Responsible for maintaining a contract matrix to ensure that related expenses are properly recorded in the GL
- Work on various SOX tasks and projects.
- Assists with requests related to internal and external audits and work with auditors to resolve audit questions.
- Reviews existing processes, identifies opportunities for improvement and helps to implement approved changes.