Hiring for our $300M+ growing commercial client in Northern Virginia (Can be 100% REMOTE but prefer a DC metro candidate) is looking for a Senior Manager of FP&A which is open due to growth. This person will be a trusted partner to senior executives across the company and responsible for driving strategic finance decisions. He or she will lead key strategic and financial planning projects and processes, including strategy development, planning, financial forecasting and reporting, budgeting, and investment analysis. Fantastic client who has great senior leadership, collaborative environment, position offers visibility and interaction with C-Suite, and REMOTE working arrangements. (They have an office in Northern Virginia if candidate prefers to go in) The successful candidate will need to be highly organized, with a conscientious approach and excellent attention to detail. The candidate needs strong Excel skills, good management experience, and wants to be part of an exciting firm and team. Must have experience working with medium to large sized firm/revenues. If this reads like the job for you, apply today!
• ~$300M+ growing commercial firm
• This is a newly created position, and they are experiencing growth now.
• Manages 2-3 staff-good team.
• Reports to the SVP of Finance who I have gotten to know well-fantastic leader and mentoring of her team.
• CFO is great-very collaborative, helpful, gets his hands dirty and is a great mentor.
• Will have opportunity to work on strategic initiatives, some M&A, and cross department liaising. Access to the C suite.
• This can be 100% Remote!! They still have an office in Alexandria, but most people are now working from home.
• Need strong Excel background and they use Workday Adaptive-nice to have but not needed.
• Microsoft Power BI, Workday Adaptive and Great Plains a plus for software.
Senior Manager, FP&A
Full Job Description
The Senior Manager, FP&A will enhance and help lead our financial planning and analysis function. The Senior Manager, FP&A will be a trusted partner to senior executives across the company and responsible for driving strategic finance decisions. He or she will lead key strategic and financial planning projects and processes, including strategy development, planning, financial forecasting and reporting, budgeting, and investment analysis. This is a very visible position and has significant impact on the company’s performance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy: Establishing, sustaining, and directing the FP&A strategic operations (planning, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis) to support the financial health of the firm.
• Lead initiatives to enhance FP&A across the organization.
• Develop and implement financial plans to achieve business strategy and business plans.
• Partner with C-level executives and business unit leaders to define and drive financial objectives and long-term financial strategy.
• Develop financial models and tools for long range plans, budgets, forecasts, etc.
• Lead annual planning, budgeting, and long-term financial planning.
• Lead financial forecasts and pacing analyses throughout the year, monthly and quarterly.
• Develop tools/systems and automate procedures continuously; oversee the rollout of a budgeting and forecasting solution to speed up the processes and offer improved reporting features.
Tactical Execution: Execute the operational and strategic plan.
• Collaborate in leading the financial planning and analysis team.
• Lead preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual company financial performance reporting and analysis.
• Lead financial performance monitoring and improvement plans.
• Participate in the accounting close process and provide analysis of results for internal and external reporting.
• Prepare presentations to communicate business/financial plans and results for senior management, board of directors and investors.
• Develop efficiencies and process improvements both inside and outside the FP&A department.
• Develop on-going company growth including the expansion of the finance team and function with a continued, robust hands-on approach.
Collaboration: Jointly own and execute initiatives and goals with peers fostering trust, respect, and willingness to share ideas.
• Collaborate with business unit leaders and department heads to collect input and to understand the drivers of the forecast and actual performance.
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or technical related field
Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience with financial planning and analysis functions, including annual budget, capital budgeting, long-term strategic planning and resource allocation processes.
• 5-7 years of progressive experience in financial planning and/or finance related experience.
• 1+ years of successful experience in leading a corporate finance or business finance team.
• Demonstrated strong performance in prior leadership roles, with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Advanced interpersonal and written communication skills to work with senior management.
• Superior financial modeling skills in Excel; Highly proficient PowerPoint skills
• Proven distinctive problem solving and strategic thought leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
• Aptitude to implement financial planning & analysis tools.
• Experience implementing financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting tools. Experience with Microsoft Power BI, Workday Adaptive and Great Plains a plus
• Experience working in a private equity backed environment.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
• Company-paid Life & Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
• Wellness Program
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.